One-day Vipassana meditation courses are held every Sunday at the Global Vipassana Pagoda. One-day Vipassana courses are only for old students - those who have successfully completed at least one 10-Day Vipassana course in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin, as taught by Sayagyi U Goenka.
A number of Vipassana students living in Mumbai, as also those outside the metropolis, are making use of this wonderful opportunity to meditate in the unique Dhamma environment of the Global Pagoda.
One-day courses are conducted every Sunday from 11 am to 4 pm in the Main dome Dhamma Hall of Global Vipassana Pagoda. Registration is done on the spot at the Gate No. 5 of the Pagoda.
|Main Dome Dhamma Hall of the Global Vipassana Pagoda, Mumbai, India|
To register online for the next special one day course, please visit the following page and click on the next course date:
Click here to sit One Day Mega Course
Click here to give Dhamma service for One Day Mega Course
1. One-day Vipassana meditation courses are only for old students - those having completed at least one 10-day Vipassana course in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin.
2. There is no facility available for overnight stay of one-day course students at the Global Pagoda. This applies to those coming from out of Mumbai too. A cloak room service will be available on the day of the course for temporary storage of any baggage. (A list of hotels nearby)
3. Children are not permitted inside the meditation hall during the one-day Vipassana courses. Meditators are specifically requested not to bring children to the one-day courses. This even applies to children who may have attended children's Anapana courses.
4. All meditators are required to get a photo identity card such as driving licence, PAN card, voter ID card or passport. This is mandatory for security check by the police at the pagoda site.
5. Meditators are requested to bring your own water bottles, which can refilled at the Pagoda. They should switch off their mobile phones and observe noble silence during the course.
6. Please bring a small cloth to put on top of your cushion. This will help you in locating your own cushion after a break.
Advance Registration for the mega one-day courses is compulsory. Your advance registration helps us in making adequate arrangements for lunch, Dhamma hall seating etc. Hence we request you to register yourself by any of the following methods. Even if you wish to give Dhamma seva at this course, please do register. If unable to attend the course after registration, please email or call and inform.
You may register for the mega one-day courses by using one of the following methods:
a) By calling on any of these phone lines - (10.00 am to 6.00 pm from Monday to Sunday.)
022-33747501 - ext No 9
b) By online registration : http://oneday.globalpagoda.org
c) By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wishing you a most successful Vipassana meditation day at the Global Vipassana Pagoda.